Don’t miss our June issue - out now!
- Credit: Archant
120-page issue packed full of features and advice
Our June issue is on sale now - and it is packed full of great features.
We are offering a fantastic £395 hen house from Clever Coop as a competition prize.
19-year-old pig breeder Dale Price - featured on our cover - explains the secrets of selling on social media.
There is a special section on rare breeds, advice on using wool, Kate Humble writes about keeping goats and Alan Beat gives more tips about erecting fencing.
In Your Good lives we feature a couple from the Cotswolds, Charles Dowding explains how to prevent late blight and the Rookies are back with news from their smallholding in Wales.
Regular features include Ask the Experts, Tim’s Tips and Smallholder’s World, as well as bees, machinery and recipes.
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 5 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 6 Stakes are high with underinsured haystacks, warns farming expert
- 7 Wellness in Wellies weekend to raise money for farming charities
- 8 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 9 Charity launches appeal to assist female smallholders in Nepal
- 10 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
Our free 44-page Poultry magazine includes an interview with breeder Brian Sands, Grant Brereton on best breeding, Kate Fox on foraging chickens as well as regulars Poultry Pen, the Eggs Files, Ruffled Feathers and Vet’s Forum.