Grow Our Allotments
Grow Our Allotments is a Country Smallholding campaign to encourage the Allotment Revolution. We aim to put pressure on local councils – and the Government – to stop covering Britain’s allotments in concrete. We believe ‘growing local’ is vital in a increasingly uncertain world.
THE SHOCKING FACTS
The Local Government Association says Britain has lost 200,000 allotment plots in the last 10 years, many to developers – yet there are an estimated 100,000 people on allotment waiting lists. An estimated 330,000 people do have plots. The need for allotments has never been greater, so people can grow their own food, cut food miles and protect the environment. Allotments also offer people the opportunity to grow delicious food free of chemicals.
You can support the CS Grow Our Allotments campaign. Send us your comments and tell us about allotment provision in your area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE YOUR SAY:
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 3 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 4 Food writers targeted in a bid to alter Brits’ large egg obsession
- 5 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 6 Would you like to have tea with Adam Henson?
- 7 How to spot tomato blight and what to do about it
- 8 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 9 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 10 Government ‘must commit to improving welfare of animals at slaughter’, say vets