Welcome to our new website!
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Taking Country Smallholding to a new level
Welcome to the new Country Smallholding website!
We have worked hard with our digital colleagues to create a site that reflects all that is best about the magazine.
As you will see from the menu bar, there is masses of content. A new ‘How-to’ section includes lots of practical guides, with step-by-step advice and picture sequences on a range of topics.
The poultry section reflects the varied content in our Poultry magazine, which comes out free with the main magazine each month.
As you would expect, the livestock section includes a wealth of features - this is very much at the core of what Country Smallholding is all about.
The land section also includes growing, and features our celebrated new writer Charles Dowding, an expert in organic gardening and the ‘no-dig’ method.
- 1 The Great Country Smallholding Christmas giveaway!
- 2 Which vegetables to sow and harvest in November
- 3 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 4 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 5 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 8 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 9 David Brown anniversary at Newark Vintage Tractor Show
- 10 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
In the equipment section are plenty of features about a wide range of gear for your smallholding.
The InFocus section gives advertisers an opportunity to write about their products; this magazine section has proved particularly popular with both advertisers and readers.
Under the magazine heading you will find more information about Country Smallholding and our team, how to subscribe and how to advertise.
Competitions are always a big draw in the magazine, and here you can find out about the latest high-value prizes we are offering.
The Forum is the ideal place to ask questions and swap ideas with other smallholders.
The Breeders’ Directory has always been one of the most popular sections on the website.
We do hope you enjoy the new site! Let us know what you think on Facebook or Twitter or ping us an email at: email@example.com
Simon McEwan, Editor