Join Country Smallholding at Spring Festival 2018
PUBLISHED: 16:08 03 May 2018 | UPDATED: 10:12 16 May 2018
The Royal Welsh Agricultural Society's Spring Festival in Llanelwedd's Royal Welsh Showground takes place on 19th and 20th May and we'll be holding talks in our 'Speakers Corner'
2018 Spring Festival 19 & 20 May: A celebration of smallholding and rural life
Royal Welsh Showground, Llanelwedd. LD2 3SY
Saturday: 9am - 8pm
Sunday: 9am - 5pm
If you’re a smallholder, or thinking of becoming one, make sure you visit the Smallholder Centre where you will also find the ‘getting started’ stand and the Country Smallholding Magazine’s Speakers Corner.
Our fabulous writers and experts will be holding talks in our ‘Speakers Corner’ so if you have any questions or need some tips please drop in, we would all love to see you.
• 11.00 am THE IDEAL SMALLHOLDER’S SHEEP -Discussion about shear less sheep with Paul McAvoy from the Wiltshire horn sheep society
• 12 noon SMALLHOLDING ON 1 ACRE WITH Sally Morgan from Empire Farm
• 1.00-2.00 pm LUNCH BREAK
• 2.00 pm PRACTICAL-EXPERIENCE-BASED-PLANNING Q&A with Nick Forrester from Norwegian Log
• 3.00 pm BEES KNEES – beekeeping with broadcaster Jez Rose from Bees for Business
• 4.00 pm SMALLHOLDERS’ QUESTION TIME - Experts Sally Morgan, Tim Tyne, Kate McEvoy (LWA), Helen Howells and Jez Rose answer your questions
• 10 am Sunday Service
• 11 am VIABLE SELF SUFFICIENCY with Tim & Dot Tyne (including home dairying)
• 12pm SMALLHOLDERS’ QUESTION TIME Experts, Tim Tyne, Lizzie Dyer, Glamorgan Smallholders Association & Helen Howell answer your questions
• 1-1.30 pm LUNCH BREAK
• 1.30 pm POLYTUNNEL GROWING - the easy way -Q and A with Kim Stoddart
• 2.30 pm GOATKEEPING Q&A with Lizzie Dyer from Just Kidding a purveyor of quality kid meatt
• 3.30 pm THE IMPORTANCE OF INCOME DIVERSIFICATION – Alicia Miller from Troed y Rhiw Organic farm& cottages
The two-day festival, with its action-packed programme of entertainment, have-a-go educational activities, talks, workshops, displays and performances, offers the perfect family day out.
With an expanded food and drink quarter, over 1,300 livestock and horses on display, a Smallholder Centre and Country Life area which features the only Premier Open Show held in Wales, the Royal Welsh Trail Running Festival, children’s activities, Country pursuits and much more, the event has something for everyone whatever your interest or passion.
Once all the hustle and bustle of the day has died down a little, the food and drink quarter will burst into life with live music and performers along with an array of street food stalls and producers selling all manner of delicacies and delights. Why not join us for an enjoyable spring evening of music and food with friends
To make things even better for our visiting families, all children aged 16 and under have FREE entry.
Well behaved dogs are welcome to accompany their responsible owners to the Spring Festival, as long as they are kept on a lead at all times and do not enter the buildings.