Keep your chickens’ water clean with the Cleanflo Drinker
- Credit: Archant
If you’re worried about contamination in your chickens’ water, look no further than the all new Cleanflo Drinker from BEC
It’s the time of year when we are all extra vigilant when it comes to the health of our flocks, so the Your Chickens team caught up with BEC who have launched a revolutionary new design called the Cleanflo Drinker. This is a fully automatic drinking system suitable for chickens, ducks and game birds of all ages.
Unlike basic drinkers on the market which need to be refilled regularly, the Cleanflo drinker does it all for you, saving you time, and helps enhance the health of your birds.
The optional Tripod Stand can be fitted to prevent soil contamination. Each foot can be adjusted in height to counteract the uneven ground. This makes sure the water is always level. There are no cracks or joints below the water level where dirt can lodge and bacteria breed and so reducing the need for antibiotics.
Whilst under trial the veterinary tests undertaken on the Cleanflo Drinker showed substantially less growth in TVC and E.Coli bacteria when correct husbandry practices were followed. Efficiency of medicated water is greatly improved by the aptly named Contamination Cover, it provides protection from UV light, which destroys the active ingredients. So this will save you money on veterinary visits and prescriptions (no more over-medicating to compensate needed).
Also, the water level and height of the drinker can easily be adjusted to cater for chicks, poults and adult birds so it is easy to understand why the Cleanflo is hailed as a solution in a box and everything you need for a no-fuss setup.
The system includes a Header Tank, Jacket, Tubing, Inline Filter, all fixtures and fittings with the Cleanflo Drinkers.
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 3 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 4 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 5 How to spot tomato blight and what to do about it
- 6 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 7 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 8 Government ‘must commit to improving welfare of animals at slaughter’, say vets
- 9 Farmers say poor rural connectivity is leaving them behind
- 10 Food writers targeted in a bid to alter Brits’ large egg obsession
Another time-saving feature of this innovative product is the easy-clean design, simply picking up by the finger depressions, it takes only 3 seconds to flush out each drinker, expelling all water.
On top of all this, the Cleanflo Drinker was designed and made in the UK!
If you would like to see how it works here is a video demonstrating how convenient the system is:
email@example.com, 01588 673 821