Whole Farm Approach cuts more red tape for farmers
PUBLISHED: 11:24 19 November 2007 | UPDATED: 08:17 28 March 2014
Defra has launched the latest update to Whole Farm Approach, providing enhancements for farmers and growers to save time on business activity and access the latest up-to-date information and guidance.
Whole Farm Approach is an online service for farmers and growers that reduces the regulatory burden on farm businesses. It provides a central information point to access Defra and related agency information
Whole Farm Approach aims to support the farming industry by improving communication and customer service, reducing the risk of inspection, providing targeted advice and ensuring better policy development. The online service allows farmers and growers to:
- register for waste exemption licenses under the Agricultural Waste Regulations;
- complete agricultural surveys electronically;
- access the latest advice and guidance;
- provide evidence of cross compliance and other regulatory requirements;
- complete a Soil Protection Review;
- access an interactive advice and guidance tool on Catchment Sensitive Farming.
The latest enhancements to WFA, include:
- a fast-track registration process;
- an improved December agricultural survey that shapes questions relevant to the respondent;
- searchable information function, including across cross compliance;
- a new diary section highlighting key regulatory dates; and
- access to ‘alerts online’, enabling farmers to sign-up and receive news emails on WFA and other general farming issues, will be available from early December
Whole Farm Approach now also features a ‘guest’ login, providing new users to the site with the ability to explore the content and services offered prior to registration.
Whole Farm Approach was introduced by Defra, in partnership with the farming industry and other regulators including the Food Standards Agency and Health and Safety Executive.
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.