Broad Bean Toasts
- Credit: Archant
A great way to use early broad beans
Makes 4-6 toasts
2 handfuls (around 180g) podded broad beans
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons oil
Finely chopped clove of garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Keeping livestock in winter: housing, shelter and feeding
- 2 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 3 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 4 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 5 Keeping love alive in the countryside - take the survey!
- 6 Food writers targeted in a bid to alter Brits’ large egg obsession
- 7 WIN: a pair of Mul-T-Lock ArmaDLocks worth £400!
- 8 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 9 The Great Country Smallholding Christmas giveaway!
- 10 The chicken breed guide: Croad Langshan
Finely chopped soft young thyme leaves
4-6 slices of toasted bread, butter and chives to serve
Steam the beans for 3-5 minutes. Whizz in a food processor with the remaining ingredients.
Pile warm or cold, onto lightly buttered hot toast and scatter with snipped chives.
Tip: Try the broad bean puree as a side dish with salads or grilled meats.