Broad Bean Toasts
- Credit: Archant
A great way to use early broad beans
Makes 4-6 toasts
2 handfuls (around 180g) podded broad beans
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons oil
Finely chopped clove of garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 McDonald’s UK and The Prince’s Countryside Fund invite farmers to get Ready for Change
- 5 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 8 Would you like to have tea with Adam Henson?
- 9 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 10 How to: create the perfect chicken run
Finely chopped soft young thyme leaves
4-6 slices of toasted bread, butter and chives to serve
Steam the beans for 3-5 minutes. Whizz in a food processor with the remaining ingredients.
Pile warm or cold, onto lightly buttered hot toast and scatter with snipped chives.
Tip: Try the broad bean puree as a side dish with salads or grilled meats.