Organic plants galore at Defland Nurseries
- Credit: Archant
Delfland Nurseries is the leading commercial organic propagator, a family business owned and run by husband and wife team John Overvoorde and Jill Vaughan. They have been registered with the Soil Association for 18 years.
Delfland has more than 200 varieties of vegetable, salad, strawberry and flower plants and grows them all.
Easy to order
www.organicplants.co.uk – small packs of three to five plants, with deliveries from March to October at the correct planting times.
www.delfland.co.uk – plants by the tray
Here you can pre-order plants or buy from current stock. Deliveries are organised in weeks, or
you can select a variety and then choose the weeks you want it delivered. Delfland uses trays containing 104 or 144 cells, whichever best suits the plant type. The trays are non-returnable (and reusable, with care). There are also sales from the nursery shop.
- 1 The chicken breed guide: Hamburgh
- 2 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 Keeping livestock in winter: housing, shelter and feeding
- 5 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 6 The chicken breed guide: Croad Langshan
- 7 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 8 Bird flu update: UK-wide housing measures introduced
- 9 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 10 The Spring we all need is almost here!
Friendly customer service
If you call during normal office hours you will get straight through to a member of the team (out of hours leave a message and they will call you back). “We cater for orders of all sizes,’ says managing director (and grower) John Overvoorde, ‘so whether you want a handful, a tray, a pallet or thousands, we can help.”