This ice cream will put your home-grown raspberries to good use and bring out their beautiful flavour and fragrance
450g (1lb) raspberries
75g (3oz) unrefined caster sugar
300ml double cream
Puree the raspberries and sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add the cream and whiz to incorporate.
If you have an ice cream machine, push the mixture through a sieve into a jug to remove most of the seeds and then pour into the machine. Follow the maker’s instructionsfrom this stage.
Otherwise, push the mixturethrough a sieve into a bowl.
- 1 The Great Country Smallholding Christmas giveaway!
- 2 Which vegetables to sow and harvest in November
- 3 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 4 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 5 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 8 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 9 David Brown anniversary at Newark Vintage Tractor Show
- 10 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
Stir the mixture thoroughly, pour into a lidded plastic freezer box and freeze.
Recipe by Mrs Simkins
Find out more
Cooking with Mrs Simkins and Tea with Mrs Simkins, are published by Spring Hill Books at £12.99 in hardback. To order call 01476 541080. For more recipes and tips visit www.MrsSimkins.co.uk