See you at the big ‘good life’ show
- Credit: Archant
The UK’s biggest dedicated smallholder show takes place in May – and Country Smallholding will be playing a leading role.
The Royal Welsh Spring Festival, on May 20 and 21, is gearing up to be the ultimate celebration of smallholding and rural life.
Country Smallholding will once again have a stand and hosting the popular Speakers’ Corner, with a wide range of speakers and presentations.
Taking place at the showground in Llanelwedd, Builth Wells, the two-day event has hundreds of hotly contested competitions, an action-packed programme of entertainment, have-a-go educational activities, workshops and displays.
There will be nearly 400 classes, competitions and special awards for sheep, pigs, goats and cattle, many of which are for traditional, rare and native breeds.
Including a whole new stand-alone section for Beef Shorthorn classes, young handler competitions, novice sheep showing classes and a chance to have-a-go at stock judging, there’s an opportunity for everyone to get involved.
The action-packed programme of events all weekend will include a Premier Open Dog Show, a gardening area, vintage machinery displays, a dedicated Smallholder Centre, talks, demos, workshops, children’s activities, a Food and Drink Quarter (which will be open late on Saturday evening), live music, a Country Life area, the return of the Royal Welsh Trail Running Festival, and much more…
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 5 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 6 Stakes are high with underinsured haystacks, warns farming expert
- 7 Wellness in Wellies weekend to raise money for farming charities
- 8 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 9 Charity launches appeal to assist female smallholders in Nepal
- 10 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
Join us at at speakers’ corner
There will be a range of presentations at the popular Spring Festival Speakers’ Corner, run by Country Smallholding.
There will be presentations on running a local produce business, smallholding insurance, pigs and working with restaurants, keeping chickens, woodland management, diversification and social media.
Several of our experts will be on a panel at Smallholders’ Question Time, which will take place on both the Saturday and Sunday, including Tim Tyne, chickens expert Andy Cawthray and Liz Shankland.
Speakers’ Corner, which will be staged in the Smallholding Centre, will be hosted by CS writer Kim Stoddart. Don’t forget to visit our stand nearby!
Look out for more details next month.