WIN a Resilient Growing Course with Kim Stoddart worth £95
- Credit: Archant
Kim Stoddart is offering 3 readers the chance to win one of her new virtual - but still interactive - growing courses
COUNTRY SMALLHOLDING gardening correspondent Kim Stoddart is offering three lucky readers the opportunity to win one of her new virtual - but still interactive - courses, worth £95 each.
Choose from Polytunnel Growing all Year Round or Climate Change Savvy Grow Your Own, both of which offer oodles of time- and money-saving tips and tricks and resilient growing advice for person, plate and planet.
Kim says of her new courses: “I’ve been offering training since 2014 and have been asked a lot since the pandemic began about online teaching materials. It’s something I’ve stayed away from before as for me interactivity in person is key, but I’ve now devised a package that I feel offers the right mix of advice, materials and face-to-face chat. I didn’t want to offer something that was just a tutorial and that felt flat as I feel connectivity is more important than ever in our disconnected world. I am running these alongside my popular in person courses throughout the year.”
Kim’s courses include:
* Access to an hour’s worth of short videos, covering year-round growing basics filmed in her training polytunnels and gardens.
* A series of getting growing fact sheets and articles that offer low maintenance, climate change savvy, resilient and time- and money-saving tricks and tips for productivity year round.
* An hour’s one-to-one zoom chat with Kim during which she will answer your questions personally and give you a ‘guided tour’ of her polytunnels.
- 1 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 2 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 3 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 4 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 5 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 6 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 7 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 8 How to spot tomato blight and what to do about it
- 9 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
* Additionally, the package offers a monthly video update explaining Kim’s latest gardening endeavours each month, with further ideas and inspiration thrown in for good measure.
All about Kim Stoddart and her Green Rocket courses
Kim Stoddart has been writing about climate change savvy growing for publications like The Guardian since 2013. She is the co-author of The Climate Change Garden book and she regularly teaches online and in person for the National Botanic Gardens of Wales, Garden Organic and the Centre for Alternative Technology alongside her own course packages from her training gardens in West Wales. For more information, visit www.greenrocketcourses.com