Do you wanna be in Hattie’s gang?
Hattie Hen’s Kids’ Club launches in the first issue of Your Chickens - on sale 13 January
Me and the girls love the new magazine - because it’s all about chickens!
The Editor came down to the henhouse, and said we could have some space in the magazine every month. Wow! What fun. I got together with the rest of the girls and, after much clucking, we decided to set up a club for children! We think kids are great - they always like to come and say hello, and we enjoy laying them our very best eggs.
To join my cool new club you will need to get the first issue of Your Chickens - it is in the shops from 13 Janaury. All you have to do to join is fill in the form printed on page 49, telling us your name, age, address and your birthday, and you must get an adult to sign it too so we can put your name and any pics of you in the magazine and on the website. We will send you an official membership letter to stick on your wall - and it will have my picture on it! When your birthday comes around, we will mention your name on the page. The first 50 children to join up will also get a super egg cup.
You might like to send us a photo too. We would love to see a picture of you with your hens. You can tell us about them too. What are their names? What are they like? Now, I’ve got some important business to attend to - hunting for worms.
See ya! Hattie
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 3 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 4 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 5 How to spot tomato blight and what to do about it
- 6 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 7 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 8 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 9 Keeping livestock in winter: housing, shelter and feeding
- 10 Farmers say poor rural connectivity is leaving them behind