Recipe: The full Scandi
- Credit: Archant
Breakfast one-pot by Simon Rimmer
? ½ red onion, diced
? 100g cooked new potatoes, halved
? 2 tbsp capers (optional)
? 1 vine tomato, halved
? 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 Food writers targeted in a bid to alter Brits’ large egg obsession
- 2 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 3 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 4 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
- 5 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 6 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 7 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 8 How to spot tomato blight and what to do about it
- 9 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
? 25g butter
? 2 large eggs
? 100g smoked salmon
? 1 small avocado, sliced
? 25g toasted breadcrumbs
? 2 tbsp dill, chopped
? Sour cream, lemon and sourdough toast to serve (optional)
1. In a large frying pan fry the onion in butter for three minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for six minutes until they are crisp and golden. Fold in the capers and then push the contents of the pan to one side.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half, season well, brush with oil and then add a few slices of garlic. Cook the tomatoes, in the same pan, face down for six minutes and then push them to one side.
3. In the same pan, fry the eggs for about four minutes until they are cooked but the yolk is still runny, then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Finally make two rosettes from the salmon and add them to a space in the pan with the sliced avocado, breadcrumbs and chopped dill.
5. Serve with sour cream, sourdough toast and a squeeze of lemon.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins