WIN a £345 hen house
- Credit: Archant
‘Penthouse’ even has an upstairs room
Now here is a superb prize for one lucky reader!
Your Chickens has teamed up with the Domestic Fowl Trust to offer a prize of their popular Half Pint Penthouse.
This charming hen house, retailing at £345, even has an upstairs compartment complete with perch, nest box, and pophole, as well as a sliding removable roof for ease of cleaning.
There is very easy access from the front and drop down door at the rear and through the roof. The house is moveable and suitable for up to three small chickens or five bantams.
The external dimensions are: height 127cm (50”) x width 122cm (48”) x depth 130cm (51”)
It is biosecure – the roof covers both the house and the run, protecting your chickens from wild birds and their droppings.
- 1 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 2 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 McDonald’s UK and The Prince’s Countryside Fund invite farmers to get Ready for Change
- 5 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 8 Would you like to have tea with Adam Henson?
- 9 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 10 How to: create the perfect chicken run
The Domestic Fowl Trust, based in Warwickshire, has a long and distinguished history. It was originally set up by Country Smallholding poultry vet Victoria Roberts in 1976. It is currently run by Alister Jones and Beccy Smith.
Today the Trust encourages poultry keeping and helps new owners discover the joys of owning their own hens. It sells a good range of poultry equipment, chicken houses, health products, bedding and hen food, as well as a large range of breeds.
MORE: www.domesticfowltrust.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01789 850046.
TO ENTER: PICK UP THE MAY ISSUE OF YOUR CHICKENS MAGAZINE