See us at the big show!
- Credit: Archant
Country Smallholding will be at the Spring Festival in Wales
Country Smallholding will have a major presence at the Royal Welsh Spring Festival at Builth Wells on May 20-21. In addition to our stand, we will be hosting Speakers’ Corner in the Smallholding Centre.
The fantastic weekend-long celebration of smallholding and rural life offers an action-packed programme of entertainment, have-a-go educational activities, talks, workshops, displays and performances. With more than 1,300 livestock and horses on display, hundreds of trade stands, the only Premier Open Dog Show held in Wales, children’s activities, a food and drink quarter, the Royal Welsh Trail Running Festival, vintage machinery, gardening, auction, country leisure and much more, the event has something for everyone. Speakers’ Corner will be compered by CS writer Kim Stoddart.
SPEAKERS’ CORNER PROGRAMME
11am: Setting up and running an organic veg business. Nathan Richards.
12 noon: Dogs on the smallholding. Experts discuss.
- 1 The Great Country Smallholding Christmas giveaway!
- 2 Which vegetables to sow and harvest in November
- 3 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 4 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 5 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 8 How to: create the perfect chicken run
- 9 David Brown anniversary at Newark Vintage Tractor Show
- 10 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
2pm: Pigs and working with restaurants.
3pm: Keeping chickens. Andy Cawthray.
4pm: Smallholders’ Question Time.
11am: New Sustainable Smallholdings. Erica Thompson, One Planet Council.
12pm: Smallholders’ Question Time.
1.30pm: Woodland Set-up and Management.
2.30pm: A Smallholder’s Tale. Diversification and social media. Francis Nesbitt.
3.30pm: Grow your Own the Easy Way. Q&A session with Kim Stoddart.