Win a Grandpa’s Feeder!
- Credit: Archant
THREE £99 feeders up for grabs
Here’s a chance to win a fantastic Grandpa’s Feeder – the one operated by the chickens themselves that excludes all those predators! These tried-and-tested treadle feeders are just the job for preventing feed waste.
Country Smallholding and Grandpa’s Feeders have teamed up to offer THREE £99 standard feeders as competition prizes.
The weight of a chicken standing on a platform opens the feeder lid giving them access to the food, but pests such as wild birds, rats and mice aren’t heavy enough to open it.
These feeders will allow chicken’s owners to go away for weekends or longer without worrying about feeding their hens. The Standard Feeder holds 9kg of feed and the Large Feeder 18kg. 9kg being sufficient feed for 10 chickens for six days.
Grandpa’s Feeders are made of high quality galvanized steel which ensures a long working life, and are designed for outside use. Many people who bought them when they first were introduced in New Zealand are still using the same one today.
The standard feeder sells for £99, the large for £135 inc VAT, (both plus £12.50 p+p). As they can quickly pay for themselves in saved feed it makes them excellent value. Grandpa’s Feeders come with a 12 months guarantee.
- 1 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 2 Smallholding for beginners part 3: Which skills do I need to be successful>
- 3 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 4 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 5 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 6 Wellness in Wellies weekend to raise money for farming charities
- 7 Stakes are high with underinsured haystacks, warns farming expert
- 8 Charity launches appeal to assist female smallholders in Nepal
- 9 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 10 Smallholding for beginners - part 1
For more information visit: www.grandpasfeeders.co.uk Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone.01684 311729
See page 13 in the Poultry section of our Christmas issue of Country Smallholding, on sale November 20.
Buy it here: www.buyamag.co.uk
Subscribe here: www.subscriptionsave.co.uk