WIN! an auto opener!
- Credit: Archant
Prizes are a boon for the chicken keeper, we have THREE £90 devices to give away
Here’s a chance to win one of THREE automatic door openers for your hen house.
Country Smallholding has teamed up with leading manaufacturer Chuxaway to offer these fantastic prizes, each worth £90.90.
The Chuxaway Automatic Chicken Door Openers will be delivered with Aluminium Door Kits.
Chuxaway is a small family business based in Hampshire and established in the summer of 2010. It was set up when the family were first introduced to chicken keeping and needed an affordable alternative to those early morning walks to the bottom of the garden to let the chickens out and frantic evening rush to get home before dark to safely lock them away!
The Chuxaway SCX boasts a seven-day timer with easy manual over-ride button. Use of a timer (rather than dawn to dusk control) ensures that you can control when your chickens are allowed out; this can be essential in the summer when the sun can rise as early as 5am. There will be no noisy chickens or cockerel strutting around waking and disturbing the neighbours at unsociable hours.
It could not be easier to control when your chickens are allowed out and safely locked away. Just programme the timer to suit your needs. No calibration is required and installation is easy. The SCX with aluminium door conversion kit retails at £90.90 inclusive of UK postage.
See further details see their website www.chuxaway.com and also on eBay.
- 1 The benefits of the “no dig” bed system for veg growers
- 2 Chicken coops - the dos and don’ts!
- 3 Smallholding for Beginners part 4: identifying (tagging) your sheep and goats
- 4 McDonald’s UK and The Prince’s Countryside Fund invite farmers to get Ready for Change
- 5 Proposed Hedgerow Carbon Code receives £81k funding
- 6 One-in-million quintuplet lambs born at Hartpury
- 7 What to grow in winter: sowing & harvesting winter veg
- 8 Would you like to have tea with Adam Henson?
- 9 Trade body’s wasp warning for farmers
- 10 How to: create the perfect chicken run
To enter see page 5 in our Poultry section in the Christmas issue of Country Smallholding